Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Curious George and Other Stuff

Well, I'm finally giving in and creating a blog. I've wanted to do this for a long time and have not taken the time. So we'll see how well it goes. This may be the only one I ever write, but hopefully for Lily's sake I'll have more than one story to share with her one of these days. I'm not sure if Chris will write, but hopefully on occasion he will.

Several weeks ago the all famous Texas Elite Softball team took the field again. They had been on a short hiatus since the birth of a few new babies! There are good things and bad things about this softball season. The good first...the boys love to play...they would enjoy it more if they had more than four consistent players, but none-the-less they do love boy things. Another good is that it's a great time with family, since 3 of the 4 consistent ones are in-laws. I love the girl adult time and Lily loves her cousins! Okay now for the bad! There is nothing like a nice long 40 minute drive with a 21 month old in the early evening going to the game, except a 40 minute drive with a 21 month old in the early night coming home from the game! Yes, that's right we have to drive to Longview from Tyler to play an hour long game. Whew...fun...for...ALL! Chris hates the drive even with the adrenaline he has pumpin' before the big game! (kid kid) There are other goods...like I love hearing that Chris hit a homerun, since I never actually see them...there happens to be a little one that runs everywhere and I chase! I'm sure I look like a real comedy routine!

Okay so the other night we were driving home from the game, it was around oh I don't know LATE! Lily wasn't asleep yet, so she and I were watching the road while Chris slept, when all of a sudden out of no where there was a giant full grown tree lying across the right lane of the interstate. I kid you not! I screamed, "TREE CHRIS!" as he turned his head around just in time to swerve and run over the very tip top leaves of the tree. A split second less and I'm not sure exactly what would have happened. Thank God we don't have to find out. All those NeNe and MeMe prayers were answered on Monday because that was a close one.

Come back for more. Hopefully they'll get better, but not more frightening than that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! Keep writing! You will get addicted! Too scary about the tree. Wow.

When I was reading your words I felt connected to you my sweet cousin. I miss you so much. I love you and wish I could see Lily grow up. :) Send me some pics!!!