Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dung Dung or Dum Dum

As it goes in every household when little ones start to grow, potty training is inevitable! Well, for the McDowells potty training numero uno was actually pretty simple. By the time Lily was two she was pretty much trained where 1 is concerned; however, numero dos was a different story all together. Let me add here that she never could wear pull ups because it was not different than having a diaper, she would use it accordingly...so with that added on...the 2 wasn't much fun when it happened! Great big messes, dirty clothes, and a lot of wipes! Fun times!

*At Halloween this year, Lily had her first sucker and it was a Dum Dum! About a week later, she started saying something that I couldn't understand what she was referring to and she was saying, "Dung Dung!" I just sort of brushed it off and then it dawned on me that she was asking for a sucker, a Dum Dum! *

In an effort to try and conquer number 2, Chris and I decided that a reward was the only thing that would work...namely a dum dum! However, she still refers to them as "Dung Dungs." One day last week I finally caught her in the act and put her on the potty and SHE DID IT!!!! To amazement as soon as it plopped the first thing she said was, "DUNG DUNG MOMMY DUNG DUNG." Well, yes sweetie that is dung dung!

So everywhere we go she tells people that she poo pooed on the potty and she got a dung dung! Then picture me explaining to everyone what she is talking about! Oh so cute...and a little embarrassing...but I'll get over it! :-)

No comments: